Inspiration: When we were baptized in Christ Jesus, we were baptized into His death. We were buried therefore with Him by Baptism into His death, so that, as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live a new life. (Romans 6:3-4)
Our Mission: To assist parents and Godparents in preparing for their children’s Baptism.
Meetings: One Monday evening per month, prior to the Sunday of baptism; usually the third Monday.
Activities: Instruction to parents and Godparents that fulfills requirements for infant Baptism.
In accordance with the laws of the Roman Catholic Church (Canons 872, 874, 892, 893) to be a sacramental godparent/sponsor, a person must:
- Be a person suitable for this role, selected by the candidate’s family and having the intention of fulfilling this privileged role ( a practicing Catholic, meaning weekly attendance at Mass ).
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be neither the father nor mother of the person to be baptized.
- Have receive the three Sacraments of Initiation:
After considering these qualities the parents should select the godparents for their child. A non-Catholic Christian may take the place of one of the godparents and stand as a Christian witness along with the Catholic godparent. Godparents can provide a recommendation from their pastor by using the form available on the web site.
- Call the parish (562-594-4657) for an appointment with Msgr. Kevin, if you are not married in the Catholic Church.
- Fill out the Registration Form completely just before the meeting.
- If you live in this parish and are not registered, please fill out a Parish Registration Form for your family.
- The coordinator will schedule you for the pre-baptismal
Prebaptismal Class: Both parents and godparents must attend the pre-baptismal class. The purpose of this class is to gain a fuller appreciation of the sacrament of Baptism and what it means to raise a child in the Catholic faith. This class takes place on the Monday before the baptism at 7pm.
2019 BAPTISM CALENDAR
|March||No Baptism During Lent|
|April||No Baptism During Lent|
Contact Us: Please call Olga Cuda (562) 594-4657