Inspiration: When we were baptized in Christ Jesus, we were baptized into His death. We were buried therefore with Him by Baptism into His death, so that, as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live a new life. (Romans 6:3-4)
Our Mission: To assist parents and Godparents in preparing for their children’s Baptism.
Meetings: Until further notice the class will be online or zoom.
Activities: Instruction to parents and Godparents that fulfills requirements for infant Baptism.
In accordance with the laws of the Roman Catholic Church (Canons 872, 874, 892, 893) to be a sacramental godparent/sponsor, a person must:
- Be a person suitable for this role, selected by the candidate’s family and having the intention of fulfilling this privileged role ( a practicing Catholic, meaning weekly attendance at Mass ).
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be neither the father nor mother of the person to be baptized.
- Have receive the three Sacraments of Initiation:
After considering these qualities the parents should select the godparents for their child. A non-Catholic Christian may take the place of one of the godparents and stand as a Christian witness along with the Catholic godparent. Godparents can provide a recommendation from their pastor by using the form available on the web site.
- Call the parish (562-594-4657) with any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Baptism Registration Form and Godparents Permission forms completely.
- If you live in this parish community and are not registered, please fill out a Parish Registration Form for your family.
- Please return all completed forms along with child’s birth certificate to coordinator. The coordinator will then schedule you for the pre-baptismal class.
Prebaptismal Class: Both parents and godparents must attend the pre-baptismal class. The purpose of this class is to gain a fuller appreciation of the sacrament of Baptism and what it means to raise a child in the Catholic faith. The class is held via zoom on the Tuesday before the baptism and will be given by the officiant of the Baptisms for that month. An online option is available for special circumstances for parents and godparent, but the zoom class is preferred. This is the link for the online class: https://lacatholics.org/baptism/
2023 BAPTISM CALENDAR
|JANUARY||01/22||10:30 AM (DURING MASS)||01/17||MSGR. KEVIN|
|FEBRUARY||02/19||2:00 PM||02/15 @7PM||DEACON SHANE|
|APRIL||04/23||12:30 PM (DURING MASS)||04/18||MSGR. KEVIN|
|MAY||05/21||2:00 PM||05/216||DEACON TOM|
|JUNE||06/24 (SATURDAY)||5:00 PM (DURING MASS)||06/13||MSGR. KEVIN|
|JULY||07/23||2:00 PM||07/18||DEACON TOM|
|AUGUST||08/27||2:00 PM||08/22||DEACON TOM|
|SEPTEMBER||09/24||10:30 PM (DURING MASS)||09/19||MSGR. KEVIN|
|OCTOBER||10/29||2:00 PM||10/24||DEACON TOM|
|NOVEMBER||11/26||2:00 PM||11/21||DEACON TOM|
|DECEMBER||12/17||12:30 PM (DURING MASS)||12/12||MSGR. KEVIN|
Contact Us: Please call Brenda Pineda (562) 594-4657 or email email@example.com