“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 3:18a). Deepening our faith strengthens our discipleship. We believe that God calls us to be life-long learners. So we plan for opportunities to strengthen our relationship with God and invite all to participate.
2019 Adult Confirmation. Are you a Catholic adult who has not celebrated the Sacrament of Confirmation?Are you seeking to complete your initiation in the Catholic Church? If you said yes to these two questions, St. Joseph is happy to announce that we will be offering an 8 week confirmation program for adults on Monday nights starting March 4, 2019.
2019 Dive-In Lenten Faith Formation Speaker Series. Dive-In Lenten Series – Long Beach is an evangelization and faith formation outreach in Deanery 20 in the San Pedro Region of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The 2019 season will run on five (5) Wednesday March 14, 21, 28, April 3 and 10, 2019 from 7-8:30pm in Fr. Martin Hall.
Meditation on Tuesdays in the PLC/St. Joseph Room from 7-8:30pm. Everyone is welcome. “Let us search a place to meditate on the grace of God.” Pope Francis
Bible Study – Tuesday Mornings 9:00am and Thursday Evenings at 6:30pm in the PLC. We are studying the Gospel of John. Everyone is welcome Information: September through May – call Sr. Eva at 562)594-4657
Mom’s Prayer and Fellowship group: Chris Serrano meets with women at her home once a month to study scripture and share faith! Please join them! Call Chris at 562-243-6959 for more information.
MEN’S GROUP: Contact: Jim Crofut (562) 234-432;firstname.lastname@example.org
CURSILLO Weekend Retreat https://stjosephlb.org/cursillo/
So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away: behold new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
Men and Women of St. Joseph Parish – Is your heart on fire for Christ? Is it filled with the Holy Spirit? Or is your heart like a candle in the wind, flickering and barely alive? If you want to experience what the disciples felt on he day of Pentecost, then give yourself the gift of a Cursillo and light your heart on fire! For more information, contact Dcn. Shane at sfcuda @yahoo.com or go to Occursillo.org
Do You Want to know more about the Catholic Faith? Check out these websites:
- USCCB– United States Conference of Catholic Bishops – Great website with Readings of the day – Catechism of the Catholic Church – Church Teachings and much more!
- Vatican – The Holy See – Go directly to the Vatican!
- 3 Minute Retreat – Loyola Press Website – Take three minutes each day for a retreat! Have them emailed to you or link to it daily!
More Great Catholic Websites!
- Catholic Net – A good Catholic Resource
- American Catholic – Including a great place to find information about Saints, Catholic News, Catholic Updates and other Catholic information! They have good newsletters that you can subscribe to.
- Biblegateway – A great website to find many versions of the bible, lots of bible resources. I often look up passages and then compare versions to try and better understand what God is trying to say to me!
- Word on Fire – Fr. Robert Barron’s Website. Word on Fire Catholic Ministries exists to draw people into the body of Christ, which is the Church, and thereby give them access to all the gifts that Jesus wants his people to enjoy. To be most effective in this mission, Word on Fire places an emphasis and urgency on the use of contemporary forms of media and innovative communication technologies.
- The Integrated Catholic Life – Helping you Integrate Faith, Family and Work. I love this site!
- Catholic Mom – Great tidbits for living a life as a Catholic – Movies, books, techie stuff, saints..other websites…etc….great conduit of Catholic stuff!
For more information for Priest Vocations – Contact Fr. Francis Arellano or see the LA Archdiocese Vocations!
Sisters of Charity are celebrating their 200 Year Anniversary!
Here is a video explaining their Charisms and Ministry. Sr. Eva is a Sisters of Charity. She is found dancing and sharing in this video! Enjoy!