Inspiration: Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)
Our Mission: We, the Bereavement Ministry of St. Joseph Catholic Church, offer emotional, psychological, social, spiritual, and practical support, in a confidential manner, to parishioners who have suffered the loss of a loved one through death or divorce. We also offer guidance in planning funeral services.
Our Members: We are always looking for dedicated members of the St. Joseph Parish to share their faith with people at one of their greatest times of need. This includes the ability to lend assistance with the planning of a Loved one’s funeral service, providing basic grief counseling, assisting with funerals held at St. Joseph Catholic Church and participating in the annual Memorial Mass of Remembrance.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Mondays in the Parish Life Center at 7pm
- Annual Memorial Mass and Potluck Reception held in the early November timeframe
- Provide guidance to those planning a funeral and burial service
- Provide assistance at the funeral if held at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Provide grief counseling, comfort and support
- Bereavement Ministry for Children
Contacting Us: Please contact Sr. Eva at (562)594-4657