Please join your fellow parishioners as we celebrate the Eucharist this Sunday, October 18 at 8:30 AM on the lawn of St. Joseph’s campus. Mass on the Grass continues to expand on the field as we are now averaging 400 gathered parishioners. If you’re coming to the Mass for the first time, the following safety protocols are in place:
Just a reminder that masks must be worn. No Mask = No Mass. Social distancing is also implemented. Our primary mission is to protect you, and for you to protect those around you as we continue to journey through this pandemic. Thanks for your great co-operation. Here are the other details:
- Parking is available in the main parking lot only and not in the inner courtyard.
- When you exit your car, please put on your mask or face covering and wear it properly covering your mouth and nose throughout the Mass.
- Enter through the walk-in gate between the hall and the church. The gate will open at 7:45 AM.
- Please bring your own beach chair, lawn chair or folding chair. If you don’t bring a chair, you’ll have to stand.
- Please do not bring a couch or sofa!
- The usual safety protocols will be in place:
- You will be asked how you’re feeling that day
- Make use of the hand sanitation station
- Social distancing will be respected. Families may sit together and individuals and groups will sit 6-8 feet apart.
- You must wear your mask throughout the entire Mass, except for when you approach the Minister to receive Holy Communion.
We’ve arranged the liturgical space so the sun will be at your back. You may want to bring a hat.
Current COVID restrictions do not allow us to pass baskets for your stewardship gift. We’ll have a basket placed at the exits at the end of Mass for you to offer your envelope or donation. As always, thanks for your generous support!
If you’re staying at home, we’ll be praying for you. We are recording this weekend’s Mass, and it will be available through our social media sites on Saturday at 4:00 PM.
Let us continue to pray for one another. Let’s pray that all citizens will exercise their right to vote in the upcoming election. Let us pray that our churches and parishes will reopen soon! God Bless You and your families!
Peace, Msgr. Kevin