This Sunday we bid farewell to Sister Eva Bryan as she prepares too journey to her new mission in Zambia, Africa. We will celebrate Sr. Eva at the Mass on the Grass at 8:30 AM. For those of you who are being safe at home, we will have a drive through parade from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM in the parking lot. You’ll have a chance to say goodbye to Sr. Eva and our ministers will be available to distribute Holy Communion to you in the car. Please protect the minister and yourself by wearing a mask in your automobile. This weekend’s online bulletin will have a special message from Sr. Eva to all of us.
If you’re coming to the Mass on the Grass for the first time, the following safety protocols are in place:
Just a reminder that masks must be worn. No Mask = No Mass. Social distancing is also implemented. Our primary mission is to protect you, and for you to protect those around you as we continue to journey through this pandemic. Thanks for your great co-operation. Here are the other details:
- Parking is available in the main parking lot only and not in the inner courtyard.
- When you exit your car, please put on your mask or face covering and wear it properly covering your mouth and nose throughout the Mass.
- Enter through the walk-in gate between the hall and the church. The gate will open at 7:45 AM.
- Please bring your own beach chair, lawn chair or folding chair. If you don’t bring a chair, you’ll have to stand.
- Please do not bring a couch or sofa!
- The usual safety protocols will be in place:
- You will be asked how you’re feeling that day
- Make use of the hand sanitation station
- Social distancing will be respected. Families may sit togetherand individuals and groups will sit 6-8 feet apart.
- You must wear your mask throughout the entire Mass, except for when you approach the Minister to receive Holy Communion
We’ve arranged the liturgical space so that the sun will be at your back. You may want to bring a hat.
Current COVID restrictions do not allow us to pass baskets for your stewardship gift. We’ll have a basket placed at the exits at the end of Mass for you to offer your envelope or donation. As always, thanks for your generous support!
If you’re staying at home, we’ll be praying for you. We are recording this weekend’s Mass, and it will be available through our social media sites on Saturday at 4:00 PM.
Let us continue to pray for one another. Let us pray for all of those in the Gulf States affected by yet, another hurricane. Let us pray for peace and justice in our cities and nation. Let us pray for all of those suffering from Covid-19. Let us pray that our churches and parishes will reopen soon! God Bless You and your families!
Peace, Msgr. Kevin